Monday, April 11, 2011

Indonesia: Pre-mission trip 2011 pt. II

It's coming, it's coming, it's coming!! Here is the countdown till my summer mission :-) (I would manually count it myself, but since I'm terribly awful at Math, I'm not even going to try.)


Due date: May 15, 2011

I am excited. I don't know what else I can say or feel. This is going to be my first-ever bona fide mission trip. When I was 9 or 10 years old, I went on "ministry trips" to the rural areas of East and Central Java. I consider them ministry rather than mission trips because I was simply going around singing at the local churches there, but didn't do any preaching, evangelizing, and/or community service whatsoever. This time it'll be different because I've been asked to share a little bit of my testimony, to sing, and to speak and lead the youth. From what I was told, we are also going deep into several different villages to serve the people there, while testifying our faith to them. There's only about a month left before I rock it, but I still haven't prepared my speeches and whatnot (I'm definitely bringing my flashcard pack everywhere!). Hopefully my prayers will be answered in a swarm of inspiration for the next 2 weeks or so. I can already feel that this is going to be a ground-breaking, life-changing experience for me. It's what I've been waiting to do all my life. God is finally using me to live out my passion and do something outside my comfort zone for the good of others. Those of you who know me, follow me on Twitter, or read my blog probably know how passionate I am to be involved in charity work. Well, guess what? My dream is coming true! What I can do now is to just view the upcoming few weeks in optimism (as I'm finishing my third year of university), get myself ready, and trust in HIS power. Only His hand can get me through each step of life.

Your prayers are crucial. I'm asking every one of you to please pray for our team, the people, and God's work in this operation. May it be as fruitful as a fertile mother and produce as many offspring of love as God desires.


Love in Christ,
Hazel Theresia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.