Monday, December 20, 2010

New Year 2011: Resolutions

Horrayy!! I finally decided to do a blog post solely on my new year's resolutions. I've never liked posting them online, thus I have never done anything like this before. But I think this is one way to help me stick to these resolutions because by making a blog post that everyone can see, I become bound to public allegiance. And I would feel terrible, not only to myself, but also to my readers, if I broke any of these resolutions :(. Okay, without further blabbering, let's get to these goals!


1). STOP PROCRASTINATING. I'm a massive loafter. For those of you who know me well and my story of procrastination, this goal is first and foremost. It's not something that I'm proud of doing, so I won't elaborate on it.

2). Manage my time efficiently. I waste too much time on what's not important/relevant to what I'm supposed to be doing. This goal connects to the previous one. It's pretty straight forward and self-explanatory, so let's move on.

3). Turn PMS days into FUN times. Girls, you understand our female dilemma. I don't consider myself whiny and nasty during that time of the month, but sometimes mood swings are inevitable. My guy best friend is a willing recurrent victim of that (I'm sorry, Cimi). PMS days just aren't good days for me in 2010, which is why I should make them my good days in 2011.

4). Get a better hold of my temper. I'm not a person who seldom gets mad/angry. I like to keep my head in the cooling zone. However, there are times (especially you-know-when) where I just feel like cursing and throwing things (but I swear, I never throw things ~_~). In 2011, I will try to improve my temper control, so I don't get pissed as often. And if I do get pissed, it won't be so bad.

5). Hand in things on time. Long history, a million stories. No need to summarize.

6). Spend less, give more. If only I could spend less money on myself and give more to those who need it, I'd still be able to sponsor a child. I sponsored a child back in 2009, but stopped after a year because I could not afford a continuous sponsorship (I don't have a full-time job). But now that I look back and think about it, sponsoring is not impossible, even with a part-time job, as long as I'm capable to reduce self-expenditures.

7). Be a more responsible, dedicated student. As much as I love learning and education, I hate the institution at which I am now educated. U of T is expensive, hard, and back-breaking (at least my particular campus, that is). But I've come to the conclusion to be content and grateful with what I've been given. There are some people who applied but didn't get into U of T. I should be thankful that I'm one of its students. It may be extremely stressful, frustrating, and self-wrenching at times, but the experience is once in a lifetime. I'm 20 years old and a student. I may never be a student again after I graduate in 2 years. I will try to make the best out of my time as a student and the most out of it as part of my life.


So, those are the 7 main resolutions I have that I can note at the top of my head. I really hope that I can get my bum to work and fulfill these resolutions. If I continue doing them, they'll become habits, and these habits will transform my character for the better.

"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."
- Patrick Overton

Now I invite you all to write up and share your own New Year's Resolutions. I'd love to see them! :-)


Carpe diem,
Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.