Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Ready for spring


Hello everybody! I'm back with another fashion-related post this time. Currently in Toronto, the sun has been very good to us, giving out a generous amount of light and warmth (I hope it's not too soon to say). Winter is coming to an end and spring is just around the corner. I would like to give you some tips on how to transition from a dreary winter to a fabulous spring!

For today's outfit, I chose an almost-flourescent orange circle skirt and a dichromatic printed cropped top, coupled with a white leather jacket for extra coverage. 

The cropped top has a slight turtleneck because the weather is still a bit chilly, so I thought it would still help to keep you warm when the wind blows. I know, I know, cropped tops are so last year. But I don't doubt its comeback this spring.

I chose to incorporate a colourful skirt to take our minds off the dreadful, colourless winter these past few months. It sits right on your waist and you could even fold the top over once if you dare to bare your midriff area.

The studded detailing on the leather jacket, I think, seals everything off and gives the entire outfit an extra notch.


Accessories. I personally don't like to bunch accessories because I'm not very big on that. But you could always be creative and show your personality through these little but significant details.


Here I chose to feature my "Odette" bracelet set for a pop colour, as well as a colour-blocking effect with the bright orange.

Also, I added a straw fedora to emphasize spring!!

I kept it simple with the bag - Chanel-inspired quilted flap with gold chain. It adds a touch of class to this casual assemble.


That little perfume bottle I have there is Sugar Lychee by Fresh and it smells H.E A V E N L Y. If heaven had a scent, it would be that. The name rings true to its scent. It's a combination of fruity and sweet, with no musky undertone, which is perfect for daytime spring! I suggest you run to your nearest Sephora store right now and give it a good, long, reflective sniff. Right. Now.

SHOES!! Let your imagination flow. For me, being a 5'2 girly girl always means heels. I ADORE some good, ol' classic black pumps. They are a staple in every girl's closet and you can never have too many of them (I'm obsessed)!


You could also get on the sporty side and rock some white, low-top Converse, which I love as well.


That's it for this post, folks. I hope that gave you some ideas on how to start off this spring strong and sweet. I'm hoping to be doing this kind of posts more often in the future.
Catchya later!

Much love,
HT xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.