Monday, March 21, 2011

I don't need a guy....


Watch me, I'm going to contradict myself. Beware.

I don't need a guy who serenades me on the guitar/piano.
I need a drummer who makes himself available for me when I need him and want to hear his voice.
I don't need a guy to carry my shopping bags.
I need a guy who shops with me as an ALLY, not a bystander or shopping sitter.
I don't need a guy to be a mere accessory.
I need a guy who'll eventually become my life partner.
I don't need a guy with an urge to call/check up on me 24/7.
I need a guy who trusts me.
I don't need a cool, popular guy that every girl is after.
I need a guy who loves The LOTR and does Sudoku when I do my crossword puzzles on our subway rides together.
I don't need to have the hottest guy (extra buff with junks) on the planet.
I need a ~5'9 guy who's not scrawny, not obese, not super buff, but just the right size.
I don't need a guy who's good at all sports.
I need a guy who's healthy and athletic, regardless of his skills.
I don't need a guy who calls me sweet names on purpose to show off to his friends.
I need a guy who keeps it down low but still treats me as his most precious girl.
I don't need a guy with an IQ that soars through the roof.
I need a guy who knows and understands me -- not the World Encyclopedia.
I don't need a guy with a huge ass vocabulary.
I need a guy who finishes my sentences.
I don't need a guy who takes me out every time, and then complains about spending all his money on me.
I need a guy who takes me out on a beautiful picnic by the beach/lake on my birthday, makes me my favourite sandwich, brings me my favourite drinks, prepares my favourite salad, and makes sure that the napkins are in my favourite colour.
I don't need a guy who pays for me.
I need a guy who encourages me and tells me that he fully supports my dreams.
I don't need a guy who drives a car.

I need a guy who takes the bus with me in the middle of the night and always makes sure that I get home safe.
I don't need a guy who impresses me with boastful words about himself.
I need a confident guy who's humble and doesn't think much about himself. I can see for myself, thank you very much.
I don't need a guy I have to impress.
I need a guy who respects, appreciates, and accepts me the way I am, even when I'm in my least attractive state.
I don't need a guy who sugar coats my flaws.
I need a guy who knows me inside out and is truthful about my imperfections. I need a guy who argues with me and tells me I'm wrong when I am.
I don't need a guy who scribbles my name all over his notebooks.
I need a guy who cares and thinks about me when I'm not beside him.
I don't need a guy who is capable of giving me a bunch of insight at times of trouble.
I need a guy who listens.
I don't need a millionaire-kind-of-guy.
I need an honest guy who works hard to earn his living.
I don't need a guy to buy me fancy things.
I need a guy who gives from the heart.
I don't need a guy who's always mature, reserved, and serious.
I need a guy with LOADS of humour.
I don't need a guy who lives in black and white.
I need a guy who colours my days. Literally.
I don't need a guy who keeps saying 'I love you'.
I need a guy who consistently shows me his love, instead of only telling me that he loves me.
I don't need a guy that covers up the truth to keep me from getting hurt.
I need a guy who tells me everything. He's always there to hold me when I fall.
I don't need a guy who has a high reputation.
I need a guy who stands up for me and protects my reputation when it's threatened.
I don't need a guy who's perfect.
I just need a guy who keeps me real to myself.
I don't need a boyfriend who resembles those Abercrombie & Fitch guys.
I need a best friend who loves God, his family, his friends, children, Nutella, sports (soccer + basketball), music (Jazz), cooking, my mum's cooking, my family, games, Dak Galbi (at Joon's), Japanese food, H&M, Monopoly Deal, cards, magic tricks, green, his mittens, his diva, his Korean girl, his nerd, his Hello Kitty, and his Hazel.

I don't need any other guy.. because I'VE ALREADY GOT YOU.
ILYMCJ