Wednesday, September 23, 2009

No, I have not yet died

My sincere apologies for being M.I.A. for over a month. I know not a lot of people read my blog, but for those of you who do, I'm terribly sorry! I'm just going to be honest with you. In the past month where I had been "idle", I was not incontrovertibly compelled to write anything on my blog. Lack of inspiration, I suppose. But don't fret! I am reading a gazillion books at the moment, so hopefully ideas will spew forth my meager, languid mind.

To start off this "new" beginning, I will open up with a poem from C.S. Lewis. His book, Mere Christianity is actually one of the books I am currently reading. He is a kick-ass genius!! [As mentioned on my facebook status]. So far, I have only read one of his published works: The Screwtape Letters. His works are rather difficult to ingest (based on my attempt to read The Pilgrim's Regress - I drove myself crazy!!), ergo I am going slow but steady, taking my time to read every single possible word written. Needless to say, I am obsessed with his writing!

I don't know which one of his works this was quoted from, as I found it on the internet. It is nevertheless a beautiful prayer, gracefully written in his clever wit. Hence, my urge to share it with the world. As for the accuracy of meaning of this poem/prayer, I'll leave that to your individual interpretation.


They tell me, Lord, that when I seem
To be in speech with you.
Since but one voice is heard, it’s all a dream
One talker aping two.

Sometimes it is, yet not as they
Conceive it. Rather, I
Seek in myself the things I hoped to say,
But lo!, my wells are dry.

Then, seeing me empty, you forsake
The listener’s role and through
My dumb lips breathe and into utterance wake
The thoughts I never knew.

And thus you neither need reply
Nor can; thus, while we seem
Two talkers, thou art One forever, and I
No dreamer, but thy dream.

- C.S. Lewis, Prayer


Picture source: Google Images

1 comment:

  1. youuuuuuuuu! haha. :P sweet poems. SOMEBODY's BIRTHDAY is tomorrow!!! =) hahaha

    whohooooo. 19!! LEGAL in Canada!
    haha.

    <3 it's about time you updated btw ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.