Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Blue Gravity

I'm feeling a little inarticulate at this particular moment, so this post will be exceptionally special. Just last night, after a rather peculiar incident, I decided to scribble down my experience in my book of songs and I thought I'd share this one with my readers.

------*

I'm losing words to say to you
There's nothing else that I can do
And this thriving silence in our dialogue,
It corrupts my hopeful dreamery

Your eyes tell me one thing
Yet what I'm acquiring
Is not my prior expectation
Which was full of sweet-scented beads

I may be too blind to see
Thus am hesitant to make believe
Baby, will you please answer me
Only then I can stop to grieve

Can you feel the cold breeze rushing in
Benumbing all my simple senses
I try to stay up, but oh blue, blue gravity
Keeps pulling me down, harder every time

© Hazel 2009