Thursday, July 23, 2009

Waiting in patience *UPdated*

Just about a couple of days ago, I was prepping to post about patience. Little did I know, long story short, let's just say now is the perfect time to do so.

It never ceases to amaze me how awesome and glorious our God truly is. You may think that whenever you feel distant from him, He's not there.. like he's somewhere up in the air, far away from you. When in fact, He never leaves your side. He's inside your heart. That's how it is and that's how it's going to be for the rest of your lives. For me, Jesus is the ONE person who understands me most thoroughly. He knows me like no other person would. Even before I utter my deepest desires, he already knows what I want, what I long for.

Many times, my faith has been put to the test. And out of brutal honesty I dare to say that it is not by my works and what I've done that I'm still standing where I am. Our God is a faithful and loving God whose grace and mercy never stop pouring. He always takes me back into his loving arms, despite the number of times I've ignored his voice. He simply
n e v e r
s t o p s
c h a s i n g
m e.
I can't ask for more in my life. He's my ultimate wholeness. He's the most essential component of my life.. and he certainly IS the pivotal destination I'm running towards.

Sorry, I seem to have digressed more than I should.

We, as humans, possess a nature of being anxious and overly eager to have something we want.. and we want it NOW. "If we don't get it now, then forget about it." When we don't get what we want, we tend to give up on it and as a result, we miss out on the sublime outcome that may spring up from waiting.
In relationship cases, for example, there are couples who grow impatient with quarrels and end up breaking up in the most painful ways. Maybe they're not meant to be.. sure, but instead of looking onward to the beautiful friendship they could have created, they've produced more enemies for each other. You know, not all disagreements have to end in pain. I believe they were created so that we could love and understand one another better.
There are also couple-to-be's who become restive because "the time" still has yet to come. Again, they rush things; at length, things fall apart.

For you singles out there who are yet to be met with your helper/spouse, be patient. I'm speaking for myself as well, so I know exactly how it feels to wait.. especially when time drags on and on and on. Been there. Through that. But during that period of time, that's when I got to immaculately feel His presence.. know His love.. know MY love for HIM. Why? Because when there's nobody else to focus on except God, it's like.. indescribably beautiful. Your utmost attention is paid to Him. Your love stays undivided for Him. Your time will be devoted just for Him. What a wonderful, peaceful life with Your Creator. I long for this more than words can say.

RUSH. Is it necessary? God has made everything beautiful at its own time (Ecc. 3:11), which means everything has been set to happen whenever God has set it to be. So why are we rushing?? Are we trying to control our life, or are we letting God reign in every aspect of it? First of all.. God is God and this life that we have is entirely His (as we have been given the opportunity to borrow it from Him). Who are we trying to take control of it???
Secondly, our lives have been planned by the creator (Jeremiah 29:11). God says that He has planned our lives to prosper us. What more can we ask from that?

When we become too focused on one thing, we tend to forget about all the other ones. Most importantly, our paramount attention should be on God, the author of life. If He hasn't answered our prayers, it doesn't mean that he doesn't hear or care about you. Nor is he busy with "other things". He simply wants to train you and test your patience with Him. While worldly things wear us down, focusing on our Loving Father is not an option. He loves us more than his own life. He considers us more precious than ANYTHING at all. So when that time comes where we have to wait, think of it as this:
"Sometimes God says, 'Wait'. When He does, His intent is always that He would become more precious to you during the waiting than if he had said 'Yes' immediately." -- Unknown

I don't know with you, but for me, I'd rather wait on the Lord until he gives me a green light. I would rather take more time to delight in the beauty of waiting than to rush and fast forward everything that's been offered for me to enjoy. Besides, if we wait for Him, we find favour from the Lord and whatever it is we may be waiting for, will be greatly blessed. Hence, HAPPINESS EVER AFTER =).

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." ~ Psalm 27:14


Take care all,
xoxo Hazel

2 comments:

  1. awwwww. great post, hazel :)
    thank you for the reminder :D
    i love you! <3
    P.S. can i borrow your shrug for jesse's wedding? what size is yours? do you think it will be too small for me? lolll.
    but yeah, i need it ASAP, in case it doesn't fit and i have to look for one myself :P
    let me know will you?? :D thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was going to say "speak for yourself" but u already mentioned it lol but yea good one there. i'll be your constant reminder if anything ;) and tell u what, u can count on it.

    haste makes waste.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.