Friday, June 19, 2009

I'd better be sure according to you..

Picture source: Google Images

Wow, I'm sorry for the lack of updates these days. After my old posts got deleted, I kind of lost the desire to write posts anymore. But it's not like anyone besides Jennifer ever reads this, right? Haha. It's not that I'm lazy or anything, but I just don't as much time currently.. which is pretty ironic when you think about it. 'Cause while I was in school, I had no problem writing and updating every day, but now that it's summer, I don't have that much available time. It makes me wonder..........

At the moment, I am juggling summer school and work - which I have to admit, has been fun thus far. It's very tiring, but it's better than not doing anything at all. I don't know with you, but if I feel like I'm not doing much, I'll feel unproductive and it'll make me lazy to even do anything at all. Now that I have a responsibility, I'm obligated to fulfill my duties (that sounded cheesy).

So things have been working out quite nicely, I must say. Of course there are those booger situations and remarks, but they're actually what make me grow spiritually and as a person. That's what makes life even merrier, because what is life without challenges? Even the more reason to love it! One of the things I've learned from my experiences is: Keep loving your neighbour no matter what. People might have hurt you in multiple ways with what they said or what you heard about yourself. But it's stated several times in the bible, to Love your neighbour as you love yourself (Leviticus 19:18). And if they attack you, you musn't seek revenge, rather to "turn the other cheek" (Matthew 5:39) - the one on your face, that is. Or is it??

Anyways, my point is, it really won't be of any importance to sweat over small things like that. We will always be assaulted with endless false accusations and the devil will use more people to walk up and spit in our faces. Jesus endured all that perfectly well. Ultimately, it is God's word that prevails (Mark 13:31).

On to the next BIG thing, I received my 2-week's paycheque yesterday. To be completely honest with you, I wasn't looking forward to it. More like I totally forgot about it until my co-worker reminded me. *Oops..* That's one of the exciting things that happened this week. I was going to mark out Earl Grey Tea, but it was too late, so I better not forget it today (end of the week.. or else I won't get my markout this week.. boohoo). Oh, I was making drinks on the bar the other day and a customer ordered a "grande black tea lemonade". It was during the busy hours and there were a million of people lining up (not really), and I was a bit-- understating --freaking out. Being a newbie that I am, I made this drink, with the correct recipe, but not in the right size. I was repeating the order out loud "grande black tea lemonade", yet I was measuring tall size. I ended up giving her a tall-sized BTL for a grande price. I'm sorry, lady.. whoever you were.

At the present time, I'm addicted to the song "Ink & Tight Jeans" by The Real Efforts of Real People. I don't know why, but I started to get hooked on this kind of songs. For some reason, they'd sound more 'real'.. if I were to compare them to Miley Cyrus's hits.

All in all, in this update, I just want to say that I'm very thankful for everything that has happened in my life - whether it be bad or good, stupid or clever, snagging or advantaging. I'll give you this wonderful verse of the day: "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." ~ James 1:17
I think it beautifully conveys its message.


Take care, children of God.

Love you all in Christ,
Hazel


"Iced venti, vanilla, nonfat, no whip white chocolate mocha........."

1 comment:

  1. HAZEL! haha. :P i love your opening there. "It's not like anyone reads this besides Jennifer" :P Haha!!! :P
    niceee.

    and i agree, i'm thankful for everything that has happened, whether good or bad, because it shapes us as people in Christ.
    and whats even better is that we have a GOD who LOVES us so much, and whose desire is to shape us to become better individuals to further His kingdom! (:

    i've been lazy, too ehh. with my posts.. haha. :P my baddddd LOL. its kk, one day i'll update =)
    take caree of yourself. don't over-tire yourself! :D love you =) xoxo

    p.s. i went driving today, and BOY it was fun! (:

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.